SUPRION Scale Inhibitors
Naturally hard water will cause potentially expensive and inconvenient essential maintenance or premature equipment replacement from accumulated scale deposits, together with excessive detergent/chemical and energy usage.
Traditional ion-exchange removal is the only guaranteed protection, but does require the on going expense of salt and water usage for the regeneration process, together with space for the equipment.
Scale inhibitors have increased in popularity over the last few years but are sometimes subject to adverse publicity and detrimental performance reports, often through a combination of over enthusiastic sales claims, inappropriate applications or inferior technology. British Gas have now endorsed performance of the SUPRION following extended product comparison field trials to protect hard water sensitive heat exchangers in Combination Boilers, with installations now well exceeding 20,000.
The SUPRION technology is unique and evolved over a number of years with considerable research and development carried out by its inventor, Jack Ibbott. There is a progressive range of sizes with different models specifically designed to treat Silica and electrically heated appliances as shown on the following technical data sheets, drawing your attention to the inherent design features and long term operating benefits:
- Environmentally friendly carbon neutral footprint
- Self energising with no dedicated power source, magnets or coils
- Compact design and easy to accommodate with screwed, compression or flanged connections
- Maintenance free and operator fool proof with no filters or chemicals
- No electrolysis and diminishing performance evident with sacrificial electrode designs
- Clear open tube construction with no restriction
- Standard progressive range from 10mm to 450mm diameter
- Models specifically designed for electric heating and treatment for Silica
- WRAS approved for drinking water applications
- Five year manufacturers warranty - ten years minimum operation
- British Gas approval
- PROVEN technology and performance
Principle Applications to date
- Plate Heat Exchangers
- Direct Fired Gas Boilers
- Electric Water Heaters
- Cooling Towers
- Vending Machines
- Robotic Welding Machines
- Protecting Pumps
Unusual Case Studies or Applications
- Once produced the largest recorded variety of Orchid as a result of feeding with the “ionised” water.
- Whiskey and/or Wine circulated through the device allegedly matured 12 months for every 24 hour circulation.
- Improved the environment for Koi Carp by “ionising” the water on a circulating system.
- Once used to reduce chemical dosing to Trafalgar Square Fountains
Please call 01603 279806 for further information, assistance or advice on any potential applications.
For technically illustrated details of the SUPRION, please click here.